Applying for Federal Student Aid
Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Instructions
- Navigate to the FAFSA website at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Follow the online instructions by completing Steps 1, 2 and 3
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Get Organized
- Gather the documents you need
- Print a FAFSA on the Web Worksheet
- Sign your FAFSA electronically with PIN
- Apply for a PIN now
- Check eligibility for federal student aid
- Note important deadlines (apply as early as possible beginning Jan. 1st of each year)
- Fill out the Application
- Fill out your FAFSA
- Open your saved FAFSA or Correction Application
- Sign electronically with your PIN
- View your results online
- Check status of a submitted FAFSA
- Make corrections to a processed FAFSA
- Add or delete a school code
- View your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Students must apply with the name that is on their social security card
- Marygrove’s Title IV code: 002284
- The Federal Government does not process applications during federal holidays.
- If you are a male who is between the ages of 18-25, you must register for Selective Service.
What you can expect. ReasonableTimelines (pending no holidays)
The process is not instantaneous, however, it does move at a reasonable pace and you can expect to receive a response within the time allotments described below.
|Time it takes to receive a filed FAFSA||5-7 days|
|Time it takes to review verification||10-14 days|
|Time it takes to certify a loan||10-14 days|
|Time it takes to receive a loan disbursement||3-5 days|