The process of becoming a Master.
The admissions process for the Marygrove Master in the Art of Teaching (MAT) program is easy. To find out if you are eligible, answer the following questions:
Do you have what it takes?
- Do you hold a current teaching certificate? If not, are you employed full time as a teacher in a private/Catholic school?
- Are you employed full time? If not, will you have ongoing access to a classroom to be able to complete classroom application assignments?
- Do you have a GPA of 3.0 or higher from your undergraduate institution? If not, you will need to supply two letters of recommendation with your application.
- Can you secure official transcripts from your undergraduate institution?
- Will you be able to use a computer with Internet access to complete your coursework?
If you answered yes to the above questions, you are eligible to apply for the online MAT program.
Success begins with you.
To successfully complete this degree program, you must
- Collaborate with other students in the program by participating in a face-to-face study team or as a member of an online discussion cohort
- Teach regularly in a K-12 classroom
- Desire to be a Master Teacher
You will need access to...
- A video recorder in order to tape yourself in a teaching situation to fulfill selected Capstone Project requirements.
- A computer with access to the Internet.